6 Reviews / 7 Ratings
Ok food, worst Service
Place: Mast Kalandar, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Food Quality: Just OK. I understand that one can't have authentic North Indian taste in any hotel in Hyderabad. Especially when the real aroma is missing. Mast Kalandar is no different. They claim to serve real North Indian food but actually the flavour and taste is just ok.
Waiting Time: Painfully high.
- This is the worst part.
- A bunch of bogus, uneducated guys are employed at the counter.
- They neither know Hindi well nor English.
- They say yes but understand nothing and do just the opposite.
- Every time I went there, I found somebody scolding them for bad service or something else.
- I have faced a strange problem with them for three times consecutively. I called them over phone and place my order at around 8:30pm and ask them to keep it ready by 9:30pm for me to pick it up. They said yes, took the order, took my name and mobile phone number. But when I reached there at 9:30pm they said, "Sir, the curry you ordered is over." I had ordered at least an hour before and they said it was available and when I went to pick the order they told me it's not available. When asked, why I wasn't informed earlier, their answer was, "Sir we tried calling your number but it didn't work." How can the same issue reoccur three consecutive times? And then why should I pay for something else (suggested by them as available at 9:30pm) which I don't like and hence didn't order.
This time I've decided not to go there any more.
Decent food.... poor service
I went to the Hitech city outlet few months back after hearing about it from my Bangalore friends. They had a good opinion about Mast Kalandar so I decided to try it out. I went there with a group of colleagues after office. All of us ordered a thali. I must add that this place is vegetarian.
The food was decent and the pricing seemed right. However, the service was uninspiring and the atmosphere drab. The staff seemed to be going through their motions and were low on motivation. However, not-withstanding the service, the food is good and worth a visit.
Value for money: 3.5/5
Not value for money, service is too slow
Went for a quiet Saturday lunch to Mast Kalandar, Gachibowli on 24th Sept, 2011. It was real hard choice, as I am a pure non-veg person; but still, my friend was a pure veggie and hence this option.
The seating and ambience is comfortable and minimalistic. They have some great thaali options. But I think their a-la-carte menu should be developed more. I am not very fond of thaalis and thus, wanted to have a-la-carte but the options were very very limited.
food was served bit late. When 95% people are ordering the thaali option, did not understand the reason for the delay.
Taste-wise, it was nothing great. Portion-wise, there were too many items but none sufficient. I would like to have less items but more in quantity.
Feelin was, it was not value for money.
1. Ambience: 3/5
2. Service: 2/5
3. Food: 3/5
4. Value for money: 2/5
The other day went to the restaurant and had thali. Items like pulao, salad, vegetable, papad written in the menu was not served. On asking, the waiter said that we need to compensate these items with extra chapattis. It was ridiculous! In fact even the chaas and chutneys we got only after we asked for them. We felt cheated. Though the restaurant compensated with few rupees, the compensation was not worth what we felt!
A foster-parent for IIIT students
I am so tired of the local Dominos Pizza and their terrible customer service. Mast Kalandar is a much needed breath of fresh air. The home delivery option is nice and I've become good friends with the delivery person. The quantity is sumptuous and the quality is pretty decent. Overall, to me, it's like getting home food while staying in the hostel. Sure, I know some of my friends who have faced some problems (seems like MK is perennially short-staffed) but I can't recommend this place enough.