Master Chef Jyot Singh Rana shares the recipe of his signature dish Balti Meat with Ayushi Arora and recommends trying it for yourself at the next family gathering.
Lamb (boti and nalli) 4 kgs
Oil 1 l
Bay leaf 5
Cinnamon stick 4
Big cardamom(black elaichi) 6
Small cardamom (green elaichi) 10
Fried onion paste 500 gms
Kashmiri chilipowder 5 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 9 tbsp
Tomato pure 500 gms
Curd 200 gms
Cumin powder 4 tbsp
Coriander powder 4 tbsp
Garam masala 1.5 tbsp
Lamb stock in place of water
Salt to taste
- For the lamb stock: Bring the lamb bones to a boil with whole spices in five to six litres of water for three hours (approximately). When the water reduces to one to two and thickens, it is ready.
- Heat oil and add bay leaves, all the cardamom and cloves.
- Next add lamb, salt, Kashmiri chilli powder and ginger garlic paste, cook for five to ten minutes.
- Add curd, powdered spices and fried onion paste and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the prepared lamb stock and cover with a lid until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Add tomato puree and cook until the oil risesto the surface.
- Finish by adding the gram masala.
- Serve hot with rice or naan – flat bread.