- Chic Casuals
Skirts, cotton trousers, capris, interesting t-shirts (not the regular boring ones but short ones with sequins and little design elements). Also casual party wear. Price Range: Rs.200 - Rs.1000.
1) MAX - end of Commercial Street, opposite the police station. Cheerful, well-designed casuals in all sizes.
2) Showoff - Brigade Rd., opp. Brigade Towers near All Saints. Only for small framed people as they stock stuff from Malaysia!
3) HUM India - Church Street. Next to Bheema & also at Commercial St., opp. Woody's. Various sizes, good selection of party wear and branded t -shirts. You get GAP, VonHutch, Morgan etc. (Sometimes you get one free if you buy three. Prices start at Rs.300)
4) Tibetan Market at the Indo - Dubai Shopping Complex, Rest House Rd - it's a lane off Brigade road. Take the 1st left after Nilgiris and Fifth Avenue when you are walking towards M G Road.
Once you reach the complex, get into the basement and you could stroll through nearly 20 shops that have unique casuals - you get great polka dots and skirts here.
5) Dirty Fashions - this one is a favorite with college kids. It's on the lane opposite Woody's on Commercial St. and has interesting party wear - chiffon tops, sequined tops. You also get sleek formal skirts and trousers.
6) Arihant Plaza & Mahavir Plaza - next to Metro Shoes, on the right-hand side when you drive straight into Commercial St. from Cauvery Emporium on M G Road (you have to cross two traffic signals).
Here you get more than just formal and casual clothes - you have various little stores selling shoes, bags, glares, watches, jewelry and cosmetics (don't buy important stuff like sunscreen here though - may not be fresh).
7) Gypsy Casuals - Koramangala, near Lazeez and Jyothi Nivas college.
Again, a college favorite.
- Bargains and Summer Clothes
Disposable clothes for summer and branded factory outlets. Price Range: Rs.100 - Rs.350.
1) Fashion Factory - factory outlet of Bangalore's biggest export house, Gokuldas Images. Nothing fancy here, but functional, good quality casuals.
2) Safina Plaza, Infantry Rd. - go to the 1st floor and walk around. You'll find 2 -3 factory outlets which have cute designs. Great for linens in all sizes.
3) In the narrow lane opposite Woody's on Commercial St, next to Dirty Fashions, you'll see a mannequin on the ground floor that leads to a store on the first floor. Great for disposable, but interesting clothes. MUST Bargain like crazy if you look like a foreigner!
4) Commercial St. - opposite Metro shoes and Arihant Plaza there's a crockery store in the basement. Next to that you'll see a stairway with clothes hung on either side. Go upstairs. They have linens and can even tailor for you if you choose their fabric.
- Affordable Designer Wear
Boutiques which stock young designers and prÃªt lines of established designers. Price range: Rs.1000 onwards for a blouse. Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 for skirts.
1) Marmalade, Next to Spratt hair salon, Magrath Rd, walk down from Garuda Mall towards Eva Mall and you'll find Spratt in between - great sequined skirts and kitschy stuff
2) Be: - Forum Mall and Commercial St - they have Wendel Rodricks to Priyadarshini Rao. Great if you want to buy a "label", but not so hot otherwise.
3) Aftershock, Eva Mall, Brigade Rd - prepare to be dazzled by the color and the sequins. Must-see even if you don't buy anything here.
4) Boheme, 2nd left after India Garage, Victoria Rd - showcase for upcoming designers.
5) Collage, Wood Street, Ashoknagar - good selection by young designers.
6) Levitate at Sanctuary, Hospital Rd, behind Safina Plaza - Bohemian and Kitschy accessories and apparel. Sanctuary is a "lifestyle souk" with a cafÃ©.
Hope that helped. Feel free to add or ask for more info.