1. overly crowded. had to wait for like 30 min before we got a table. not worth the wait.
2. inadequate number of fans.
its so HOT inside. Mysore cafe is just around the corner. its got an AC section and the food is much better.
3. the mysore dosa is much better at mysore cafe. so is the idli and the molga pudi chutney.
1. Come here for the famous south indian filter coffee - better than the one at mysore.
2. The manager at Madras manages the crowd pretty well. - a good host.
Mysore and Madras cafe are just variants of the same concept - udipi style places.
The food at both these places is not the typical Mumbai style South indian food. If you are a Shiv Sagar fan who loves the sweet sambar and the artificially flavoured chutneys, then you might not like the food at both these places.
Both places are good, but out of the two, try mysore cafe instead.