Every dish has its own story to tell- FARZI CAFE!
My craziness for food took me to Farzi Cafe. This place has been the talk of the town since its inception and I definitely wanted to be a part of this platter. So here's my review of the place
For those looking for a quick review, here it is -
Ambience - 5/5 Lively, energetic and totally happening. Uber Cool!!
Food - 4/5 brilliantly crafted food, with tantalizing flavors and spectacular presentations. Chef Chetan and team, take a bow!!
Cocktails/Mocktails - 5/5 Magical concoctions with the perfect bartender - Mr. Kennith Kudos to you.
Services - 5/5 Spot on, timely, elegant and prompt - Mr. Ankit and your colleagues, I am happy!!
For the others here's my detailed reviewed -
This place offers very vibrant atmosphere. The interiors are well done to represent a beautify night life. What I specially loved about this place it the large screens placed. This would be a perfect to watch your favorite sports and also enjoy a few drinks.
The Bar encounter -
The bar is very decorative and offers a wonderful range of drinks to choose from. You can select from a variety of wines, whiskey, cocktails, mocktails etc etc. Just tell the bartender what you need and he will work his magic for you. So this is what he served us. Please excuse me if I missed the real name :-)
1.Chai Paani Vodka Shot - 5/5 -Its was one of the best cocktail I had. It was made with freshly brewed tea in a cute tea kettle. This was poured on a concoction of vodka, infused with cinnamon, orange zest and some other fruity flavors which was laid on a bed of dry ice. When the hot water hits the cold dry it it created a smoky magic. Walla!!. This had to be poured in a chai glass with an orange peel. It tasted heaven.
2.Orange Moctail - 5/5 This was equally good. It was orange juice with some citrus fruit and lots of fruitiness going on. The best mocktail of the night.
3.Lychee Suprise - 4/5 Lychee drink with a slight sour kick. Cool
4.Italian Kiss - 4/5 on the rocks!! Fruit juice, mint and mixed with a cola drink . Pretty fancy.
Kitchen Chronicles -
The chef walked up to us and made us feel comfortable. He explained the menu and suggested a few items. So here what i had.
?1.Misthi Doi Shots 5/5- This is not a starter but more of a mouth freshner. It was a small portion and we were asked to swallow it in one go! This one literally burst in my mouth. It was Mishit Doi in every fashion and its best.
2. Dal Moth Chat 5/5- This one was chat on the clouds ...... literally. It was served on a dry ice platter and gave it a smoky effect. Full marks for that. The chat was delicious, chatpata and satisfying.
3. Besant Nagar Fried Chilly - 5/5 The best vegetarian dish on the menu. The chilli was beautifully coated and fried. This had the flavor of the chilly but no heat. When you bite into it, you are welcomed by a beautiful gush of cheese filling. Mirchi aur cheese de pakode..badiya hain
4. Stir fried Beef - 4/5 . This was also good. A little sweet and spicy at the same time. It was perfectly cooked and served. The fried fritters was not required.
5. Amritsari Macchi - 3/5 It was nice, but the fish was too thin and the coating was too thick. The coating somewhere was a litter under cooked. A thinner batter will do the trick.
6. Tempura Fried Prawns with Nimbu Mirchi foam - 4/5 . Stellar presentation. This was bursting with colors. The prawns were perfectly cooked and delicious. The Nimbu Mirchi foam was equally good.
7. Pork Belly - 4/5 This was well done and the meat literally melts in your mouth. The barbecue sauce added that extra punch. I needed a littler more heat in this and something to cut the extra sweetness.
8. Pork Ribs - 4/5 Well done and delicious. A little effort to eat this as you dont know where to get started. Taste wise it was my kind of food. Comforting and messy.
9. Duck Samosa - 3/5 A little salty (we were told about it so not complaining here) it was a cute little samosa with duck meat filling doused with a sauce. The sauce was honestly not required. It could have been served like a side dipping. Average for me.
10. Kasundi Fish - 5/5 Bengali style fish tandoori. It has the perfect kick of mustard and the smokiness. I loved it.
11. Dark Bungalow Chicken - 3/5 read a lot about it. This was a basic chicken smoked with some Indian spice. It was white otherwise it will qualify for a tandoori chicken. Not impressed.
12. Hajmola Mouth fresher - This was not a dish, but a palate cleanser. This was frozen hajmola candy and it was yumm.....creative.
13. Shwarma Biryani - 4/5 - First of all its was a pulav and not a Biryani. It was a beautiful deconstructed, visually stunning and artistic. The taste was fabulous. It reminded me of my grandmas curry. The meat was tender and the raita cooled me down. I enjoyed it. Since to its called Shwarna biryani , a hummus should be served with it.
14. Chocolate Lollipop (cant recollect its name) - 4/5 - Not a chocolate fan but this was nice. Like a mini lollypop.
15. Parle G cheese Cake - 5/5 - The memories of my childhood. A forgotten hero reappears. Seeing a Parle G and gems being used so creatively makes me happy. What can I.... say it was just delicious! The cheesecakes were placed on a bed of phirni. This was decadent and scrumptious. My best sweet dish ever.
16. Ghewar - 5/5Very well presented. Outstanding presentation. The fruits add that extra lightness to this meal. The Ghewar was crisp and moist. The rabdi did the trick. Wow?!!
17. Pan Candy floss - Perfect finish to a perfect meal. ?
Mayonnaise may not may pair perfectly with every dish. For Indian food, an Indian sauce works really well. For that mayo effect, use curd instead. ?
This place leaves me satisfied wanting to come back again. The food the services, the ambiance was spot on. You don't need to wait for the weekend. Just hop in here for some drinks and a meal. You will be happy. Totally recommended.